September is National Life Insurance Awareness Month, and it is an outstanding opportunity to reach out to your existing business and market to your new prospects. Only 54% of Americans currently have life insurance. That is a scary statistic. What will the other 46% do if their loved ones pass away. Many of these families will suffer severe financial issues moving forward. Savings put away for college or retirement will quickly disappear. So, if this is the case why do people not have life insurance?
1.) Cost: 86% of Americans say they have not purchased life insurance because it is “Too Expensive”, Yet these same individuals have overestimated the cost by 2X! This demonstrates the need for you to educate your clients.
2.) Never been Approached: 43% of millennials say they have never been approached by a financial advisor or insurance agent. Use September to make them aware of the need for both Life Insurance and Living Benefits
3.) Medical Exams: 52% of those surveyed said they would be much more likely to purchase life insurance if they did not have to take a medical exam. Most people do not know that underwriting for so many companies has changed. Over 50% of applicants now require a Paramedical Exam. These and many more reasons allow people to continue to put off something most really wish they had in place.
How can I Help?
Utilize September to educate your current clients and prospects on Life Insurance with Living Benefits. Not only can you assist them with Life Insurance for their family but also provide them “Living Benefits” that could one day save their life. Earlier we mentioned how 54% of Americans have Life Insurance. However less than 10% of those policies include Living Benefits. So, despite taking the time to get a life insurance policy in place they only have half the protection they could have. What would these same families do if one of their loved ones has a Critical or Chronic Illness? Most would suffer serious financial issues from the loss of that person’s income. Most Bankruptcies (62%) in this country our caused by a major illness. These people did not get pushed into financial ruin by medical bills. Some 72% of those individuals had medical insurance. The problems stem from losing their ability to earn an income. No medical insurance no matter how good pays for mortgages, car payments or groceries. Take five minutes and place yourself in your customers shoes and imagine how awful it would be to be sick in a hospital and losing your home that you worked for years to purchase and then maintain. This reason and many more are why we need to utilize September to Educate as many people as we can on the benefits of Life Insurance with living Benefits.
Any questions contact sales support in the home office. (772) 546 – 2299