Qualifying Life Events
Qualifying Life Event
A Qualifying Life Event is a change in your life outside of Open Enrollment and you can qualify throughout the year.
For 2018 plans, open enrollment will commence on November 1 – December15.
A change in your life would make you eligible for a Special Enrollment Period to enroll in health coverage. Examples of qualifying life events are moving to a new state, certain changes in your income, and changes in your family size (for example, if you marry, divorce, or have a baby).
Find out if you could qualify for a Special Enrollment Period:
After Open Enrollment, you can enroll in a private health plan through the Marketplace (see a licensed agent) or outside the marketplace with an agent/broker only if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
Did you or anyone in your household lose health coverage in the last 60 days OR do you expect to lose it in the next 60 days?
Examples of coverage loss that qualify you for a special enrollment period (voluntarily giving up coverage does not qualify you for a special enrollment period):
- Had a baby
- Lost coverage due to divorce
- Policy or plan year ended for policy you bought yourself
- COBRA coverage expired
- Turned 26 and aged off a parents health plan
- Lost eligibility for Medicaid or CHIP
- Change in household size?
- Got Married
- Got divorced and lost health insurance
- Adopted a child or had a child placed with you in foster care
- Moved outside your health plan’s coverage area
- Had a change in income
- Gained citizenship or lawful presence in the U.S.
- Released from incarceration (prison or detention)
Dial Our Toll Free Number For More Information
Cover the gaps with CompassXpress
CompassXpress enhances your medical coverage with benefits not covered by your health insurance. Just $19.95 per month for an individual or $29.95 per family you get the extra coverage of Telemedicine, Dental, Pharmacy and Vision.