We are getting ready for the busiest time of year for Health Insurance sales (AEP & OE) and all of you are hopefully getting ready to renew all your clients and add 100s more new clients. Hopefully, you have goals to sell dental and ancillary products during this period. This is already a lot when you combine it with collecting marketplace paperwork and the other inevitable issues that seem to happen every year during this time of year. So, adding Living Benefits may not be at the top of your list. I understand that sometimes it is not possible to sell a Living Benefits Life Policy right there during Health Insurance sign-up. However, what is very easy to do is what we call “seeding.”
What is Seeding?
Seeding in marketing involves storytelling campaigns to create positive feelings around your brand so potential customers feel positive about it, rather than promotional ad campaigns focused on your products. We have hundreds of videos you can send to your consumers either manually through emails or by using Alliance Group’s brand new “Campaigns” System. Once you load your customer’s name and email, they will receive a testimonial each week without you lifting another finger.
What do I need to do to plant a seed?
You need to let them know concisely that you always provide your customers with the option to complete their Health Insurance with “Financial Protection” provided by Living Benefits. Then in an abbreviated explanation explain what living benefits are, what they do, and how affordable they are today.
Example of Planting a Seed:
Agent: Alright, Mr. Jones, your family’s Florida Blue Health Plan is all set for this upcoming year. The price we discussed of $164.86 includes the Florida Blue Copay Dental and the USAble accident coverage. Did you have any additional coverage regarding your new Benefits?
Client: “No, I think we covered everything.”
Agent: Excellent, I know we covered a lot today, but I do want to touch upon one more thing before we finish. That is “Living Benefits”.
Agent: What do you currently have set up if you or your wife get sick and cannot work for 6 months to a year? (Quiet)
Client: “I really do not know. I guess we would have to pull money out of our retirement or borrow from my family. Maybe a “Go Fund Me” Page if it was bad.”
Agent: I understand that is what most of my clients said before we had the opportunity to put a plan in place for them. We do that with a product called “Living Benefits” It is a newly designed Life Insurance plan that allows you to draw up to 90% of the policy face value if you were to experience a Critical, Chronic, or Terminal Illness. We set your family up with the same solution for less than the cost of a cup of coffee. (Quiet)
This was a quick low-pressure introduction, and several things could happen from this point.
- “They were already looking.” The family had been discussing life insurance recently and this new plan sounds far better. Because of that, they want to take immediate action.
- “You have them interested” You created interest, but they came in today to discuss Health insurance, and this is something they want to discuss but not at this very minute.
- Not Concerned about anything – These people have very little interest in anything past the now and are in a class of people who will probably never buy anything that does not service an immediate need.
Better Off than Before
“The largest Harvest is gained by the farmer who plants the most seeds.” Consider AEP and OE during your planting season for “Living Benefits” If you simply do what we outlined above you will sell Life Policies either then or in the very near future. But if you continue to never you will continue to get the same results as you always have in the past. Make a change in this year’s AEP and OE and both you and your clients will benefit.
#LBAM “Living Benefits Awareness Month
January is LBAM and it would be the perfect time to harvest all those Living Benefit Life Insurance policies that you planted the seeds for during AEP and OE.
AEP – Senior Life Insurance Plans:
- Foresters Final Expense Plans – Up to 30k Face Value Whole Life Policies
- GTL Home Life Secure – Up to 150k Whole Life Final Expense/LTC Policy – Living Benefits for Seniors
- Coming Soon…. Allstate Health Solution Final Expense – Instant Issue Whole Life up to 50k (Age 55 and up)
- All the Options Above are still Available.
- Low-Cost Living Benefits Term from Ameritas and Foresters
- Amazing Tax-Free Retirement Options IULs from both American National and National Life Group
- American National Signature Protection IUL to create low-cost permanent insurance with living benefits all while building cash value.
Please do not let the many options confuse or discourage you from selling Life Insurance with Living Benefits. I am here full-time to help you answer questions, Quote Policies, Complete Applications and even help you pitch the product to your clients. All you need to do is “plant the seed!”