The Medicare Annual Enrollment begins October 15th and ends on December 7th. The Annual Enrollment Period is an opportunity for people who are enrolled in Medicare to review and make changes to their current Medicare coverage. This opens a Great sales opportunity to you as an agent.
There are multiple plan changes one can make during this period:
- If you are enrolled in Original Medicare, you can switch to a Medicare Advantage plan.
- If you are enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan, you can switch back to Original Medicare or to a different Medicare Advantage plan.
- You can enroll in a Part D plan to get prescription drug coverage.
- If you already have Part D, you can switch to a new Part D plan or drop Part D completely.
Our goal as Agents is to help them find coverage that works for the client and meets their needs. Not to mention, this a huge money-making opportunity and the commissions are 3X more than ACA. $$$
The big question is how to make sure you are ready for this upcoming enrollment season and what steps should we all be taking in order to increase our incomes ??
- Make Sure you are familiar and completely understand the Medicare Advantage plans in your area and the surrounding counties.
- Understand the competition. Make sure you know about the good and bad points of UHC and Humana. In order to sell against them you first need to understand their products.
Make sure you complete the 2024 Medicare Certification through Florida Blue.
- In your Florida Blue Learning Portal, click on the Library Icon on the left hand side
- You will then click on the 2024 Medicare Curriculum and click the 2024 Medicare AEP Sales Certification Training – CGA
- Register for the English Track (or Spanish) and begin
- Once you complete the AEP Core Unit Final Exam, you will need to do the AEP Product Unit – FBM (located in the same section under the English track)
- Send out email campaigns to your existing book of business reminding them of the upcoming enrollment and to contact you for new plan information
- Reach out to local Doctors Offices and Pharmacies to partner up with and be their Florida Blue Representative.
- We have Walgreens locations available to set up a Table Top – Reach out to Amanda to participate
- Post Marketing Ads on your Social Media Accounts.
- Research local senior events or community events in your area.
- Place Medicare Lock Boxes in your local mom and pop pharmacies
- Look into local Newspaper Ads
- I have put together a great Medicare Marketing Section in our Marketing Flipbook *Located in the agent section under Marketing Materials on our Compass Health Website. compasshealthinsurance.com
These are just some of the many ways to market during AEP. Use your imagination and put together a marketing plan for AEP 2024 to grow your sales.
I will be hosting a 2024 Medicare Plan review on Wednesday, October 4th at 11:00 am. Please keep an eye out for the notifications to sign up.
Any questions contact sales support in the home office. (772) 546 – 2299